In this episode, Natalie Gingrich breaks down project management in easy to use chunks, so you know where to get this whole organizing thing started. She shares what project management is all about, how you can start getting a hold of things even before ever thinking about adding on your first team member. Plus of course, we're taking a look why we need systems and how we can set them up, without being a overwhelmed hot mess.
Takeaways from today's show:
- A first step of getting a hold of your big and small projects is to write down every single thing that goes into it and then to turn it into a checklist. This will help you figure out how much time you'll need to get things done. Plus it will help you to get every single piece done, instead of forgetting a few steps in between, because you just too stressed out.
- As long as you don't have a team and a project management you are your project manager!
- Mapping out processes and getting a hold of every single task that needs to get done to finish a project is the first step to adding a team member that can take over specific tasks. Which means, start mapping out processes and tasks before your ready to add a team member, because when your ready to add some help your probably too overwhelmed to begin mapping out everything from scratch.
Mentioned in the Show:
Natalie's site: http://nataliegingrich.com/
Natalie's Productive week plan: http://www.nataliegingrich.com/productiveweek
The Sparkling Creative Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/243968072673994/
I've been working with so many creatives that thought the next grand business strategy or a new creative product they're going to offer would bring them more of what they wanted.
However many of them never got what they wanted.
Are you ready to dive in fully and turn your creative passion into the creative business that is not only paying your bills but also allowing you to live the lifestyle your dreaming of?
Then let's talk! Schedule a mini session with me, where we'll discover the right next move for your creative adventure.
Become one of us and join the sparkling creative community!
Surround yourself with fellow creatives, that not only create sparkling creative pieces, but also sparkle when it comes to the financials of their creative adventures. Be part of a sparkling community and own your creative strength. We'll support you and help you live the sparkling creative life you've always dreamed about.
Connect with us.
I love to connect with you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave me some inbox love, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find me hanging out in my happy place, the sparkling creative community over on Facebook.
I would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes!
I know it can be hard to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for the sparkling creative Podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
1. Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
2. Tap the Search tab.
3. Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
4. Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
5. Tap the album art for the podcast.
6. Tap the Reviews tab.
7. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
8. Enter your iTunes password to log in.
9. Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
10. Enter title text and content to leave a review.
11. Tap Send.